Make Your Website Work for You
July 16th, 2015
Your website is oftentimes the first place that someone will go to ‘gut check’ your firm and make sure you’re legit. That said, it needs to tell your story in an effective and compelling manner. Your story, regardless of industry, should include an overview of your business, differentiation, expertise, and experience.
In a nutshell, that’s what your website should be doing. But explore with me, if you will, another dimension - what your website could be doing.
More Than Meets the Eyes
Have you ever pondered how you might use it as more than just a promotional tool… as something that might actually support your day-to-day business operations?
With an arsenal of built-in page types at their fingertips, SoSimple CMS users can create and customize sections of their websites that go beyond being purely informational. Designated areas for employees, potential hires, vendors and subcontractors, current customers and prospective clients (just to name a few) have been created to enhance communications and simplify internal processes.
SoSimple = SoManyOptions
Sometimes, SoSimple CMS can eliminate the need to redirect to external platforms, third-party software and related applications. Here are just a few examples:
- We have set up basic FTP sites set up for file storage and sharing – replacing the need to send information via Dropbox or other platforms.
- We have created password-protected “Intranet” subsites, intended to house phone lists, company forms, payroll and benefits information, marketing materials, and related information readily available for employees for reference and download at their convenience.
- We have set up unique pages to support the pursuit of a particular project type, designed to demonstrate a very specific type of relevant experience.
- We have helped clients utilize the CMS to prequalify vendors and solicit project bids.
- We have created hidden, client-specific pages, with custom URLs that grant visitors access to project documentation, meeting minutes, photos and related information.
We usually determine the need for these unique functions during the our initial conversations with clients, but the reality is – the scalability of SoSimple CMS allows you to create these pages with just a few simple clicks… even if the need wasn’t identified or implemented during the initial build.
At the end of the day, we want to shift the way you think about your website. It can be so much more than an “online brochure”. Envision it as a tool that could potentially streamline operations, marketing or sales!